Alignak modules and checks packages¶
Alignak framework can be extended with daemon modules. A module is an extra Python module installed and configured for as an Alignak daemon to feed it with some broks. Broks are events and pieces of information resulting from the Alignak internal monitoring process.
Some modules examples:
- logs module that build a log of all the monitoring events (alerts, notifications, …)
- Web services module that exposes some web services to interact with the Alignak framework
- NSCA collector module that collects NSCA passive checks to feed Alignak with
- backend scheduler module that saves and loads retention data
The existing modules available in the Alignak contribution organization on GitHub are also good examples to help digging into the module code.
Alignak framework configuration can be enriched with checks packages. A check package is an extra Python module installed to provide some more configuration and/or check plugins in the Alignak framework.
Some checks packages examples:
- check with NRPE
- Windows checks using WMI or NSCA
- HTML notifications
The existing checks packages available in the Alignak contribution organization on GitHub are also good examples to help digging into such a code ;)